Dr. Abdul studied advanced graduate physics at the University of Massachusetts Boston where he first interacted with high power Lasers. In the late nineties, as a graduate student, he concluded that Laser Technology were not effective and efficient for dentistry of that day.
This reality has changed drastically. Over half a decade ago, laser systems have become miniaturized, but powerful enough for certain dental procedures. At Lux, we found lasers most effective as a tool in soft tissue surgeries.
The market is composed of a variety of systems. We have selected a laser that is versatile, effective and outcome driven. “AMD LASERS” has helped us equip every Lux center around Massachusetts with the Picasso line of affordable, high-quality, and innovative designed dental lasers. What encourages us about AMD is its solid commitment to research and development in a combined effort to seek out the talent and technology to continue providing revolutionary dental lasers at affordable price points.
On nearly a daily basis, the following procedures have relied upon the the dental laser:
SOFT TISSUE PROCEDURES
- Gingival Troughing for Crown Impressions; Gingivectomy & Gingivoplasty
- Gingival Incision & Excision; Hemostasis & Coagulation
- Excisional & Incisional Biopsies
- Soft-Tissue Crown Lengthening & Fibromal Removal
- Frenectomy & Frenotomy
- Implant Recovery & Exposure of Unerupted Teeth
- Incision & Drainage of Abscess
- Pulpotomy as an Adjunct to Root Canal Therapy & Reduction of Gingival Hypertrophy
- Operculectomy & Vestibuloplasty
- Leukoplakia & Oral Papillectomies
- Treatment of Canker Sores, Herpetic & Aphthous Ulcers of the Oral Mucosa
Sulcular Debridement (Removal of Diseased, Infected, Inflamed, & Necrosed Soft-Tissue in the Periodontal Pocket to Improve Clinical Indices Including Gingival Index, Gingival Bleeding Index, Probe Depth, Attachment Loss, & Tooth Mobility)
Laser Soft-Tissue Curettage
Removal of Highly Inflamed Edematous Tissue Affected by Bacteria Penetration of the Pocket Lining & Junctional Epithelium
We are committed in continuing our interest in the utilization of lasers. Expeditious, effective and outcome based medicine will continue to drive Lux towards a higher standard of care.